#thelark

Leave a Comment
Here in beautiful Santa Barbara, we have so many good restaurants to chose from. I have many favorites but one that particularly sticks out to me is called The Lark. The Lark is a very hip and new age restaurant. The decor makes you feel like you are in the middle of the city in San Fransisco. Although living in Santa Barbara is wonderful, it's still fun to feel like you can escape normal life for a night. I went there the other night with some friends and another really cool thing that the restaurant does is serve things "family style". Meaning, they bring a large assortment of a certain dish, place it in the middle of your table and you and your friends scoop a portion on to your own individual plates. I like this idea because you are able to try more on the menu by ordering more than you normally would of an appetizer, entree, etc. since you are sharing with multiple people.

My group and I started out with a cheese board which came with sultana and onion marmalade, apricot mostarda and sour cherry membrillo. (Basically, just really tasty things to eat with cheese!)
To add to that, we also started with Lane Farms Organic Lettuces which came with dungeness crab, avocado vinaigrette, roasted pistachio and meyer lemon. These plates were delicious! I loved the combination of the dungeness crab and pistachio!

*Excuse the pictures being kind of dark. Once again, I am not the best photographer :/

Our next course, was my favorite thing on the menu, the herb roasted diver scallops! They are SO good! They come with grilled pork belly, crispy sweet potato, radish, smoked jalapeno and tangerine. If you are ever in the area, I definitely recommend this restaurant! It's one of the best!


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig