#mushroomsoup

Leave a Comment
As I have said before, soup is my favorite thing to eat. Soup is even better, in my opinion, when mushrooms are involved because mushrooms are my absolute favorite thing to eat and cook with! I found this mushroom soup recipe about a year ago and I make it every few weeks. It is soooo good.

You will need:
2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped finely (I use the white cap mushrooms from Trader Joe's)
1 tbsp olive oil
minced garlic
1 tablespoon of butter
1/2 tablespoon of thyme
1 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon flour, diluted
salt
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan. Add butter and lightly saute garlic on medium heat. Add in mushrooms, thyme and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until the moisture from the mushrooms disappears. Add in chicken broth. Stir occasionally until broth boils, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add diluted flour in, and stir constantly until the mixture thickens. Then, add milk and heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Serve hot!



I garnished my soup with a bay leave and pepper.

I will admit, that this recipe is a little more advanced than the ones that I have previously posted, but, if you take the time for this soup, you won't regret the time you spent making it! It is too good to pass up!


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig