#stuffedshellswithmarinasauce

Leave a Comment
Today I decided to make a rather large meal for lunch (I'm planning on saving some and also eating this for dinner as well). I am starting to recover a little bit from the flu and I was in the cooking mood so I made Spinach Stuffed Shells with Marinara Sauce. I found this recipe about a year ago and I've loved it ever since!

You will need:
jumbo shells
garlic
olive oil
cherry tomatoes
basil
salt
pepper
2 cups ricotta cheese
marinara sauce
shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg
spinach
parmesan cheese

I didn't put measurements on the list of ingredients because you can pretty much use however much you want of everything. First, make pasta shells in boiling water, you want them to be a little undercooked because eventually you will be putting them in the oven to cook more. In a separate pan, heat up marinara sauce with cherry tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, olive oil and garlic. Simmer this on low for about 15-20 mins. (I always add a little bit of sugar to my marinara sauce, sounds gross, but it makes it taste sweet!)

Next, preheat oven to 375F. In a large mixing bowl, mix together ricotta, egg (beat the egg before hand), spinach, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Once the shells are cooked and cool, fill each shell with about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture. (Make sure the shells are COOL! I learned the hard way that they are HOT and will burn your fingers!) Place stuffed shells in a large baking dish, covering the bottom of the dish with some of the marinara sauce. Once all the shells are stuffed and placed on the baking dish, cover them with the rest of the marinara sauce. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Then uncover foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Once done, you may garnish with more sauce if you have any left over. Enjoy!

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig